Polyhex Technology has rolled out the DEBIX Model A, an industrial-grade single-board computer powered by an NXP i.MX 8M Plus quad-core Cortex-A53 processor. To target industrial automation, IoT, and multimedia applications, the hardware integrates a 2.3 TOPS neural processing unit with expandable storage.
DEBIX Model A single-board computer comes with 2GB of LPDDR4 memory and a microSD card for storage. The company claims it can also be upgraded to 4GB or 6GB of RAM and can optionally handle up to 64GB of eMMC storage. A LoRa board compatible with the DEBIX Model A as well as an I/O extension board are also offered by Polyhex, opening up countless possibilities. To operate effectively in a harsh environment, the hardware has industrial-grade components and a CPU temperature range of -40°C to 105°C. It provides powerful network control of peripherals in industrial control, industrial automation, and IoT by combining the Gigabit network, 2.4G and 5G Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 5.0.
Specifications of DEBIX Model A single-board computer
- SoC: NXP i.MX 8M Plus
- CPU: A quad-core Cortex-A53 clocked up to 1.6GHz frequency
- NPU: An integrated neural processing unit (NPU) that delivers up to 2.3 TOPS.
- Memory: 2GB LPDDR4 and optional 4GB and 6GB
- Storage: 1x microSD card with optional 8GB up to 128GB eMMC
- Wireless connectivity: Dual-band 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5.0
- Display: 1x HDMI, 1x LVDS single & dual channel 8-bit, 1x MIPI-DSI interface
- Camera: 1x 4-lane MIPI-CSI interface
- Audio: 1x headphone and microphone combination port
- Peripherals: 1x LAN RJ45 port with PoE support, 1x LAN port via 12-pin header
- USB interfaces: 4x USB 3.0 Host Type-A ports, 1x USB 2.0 OTG Type-C port
- Expansion: 40-pin headers with 3x UART, 2x I2C, 2x SPI, 2x CAN, 6x GPIO, 1x PCIe, support PCIe x1 FPC socket
- Power supply: DC 5V/3A via USB Type-C port
- Dimensions: 85×56 mm
Along with these additional features, the processor comes with dual cameras, numerous serial ports, and multi-network interaction. Its video encoding and decoding skills, as well as network capabilities, make it suitable for building monitoring systems. The manufacturer makes it easy to integrate with many industrial projects, like truck safety systems, object identification systems, industrial control, and warning systems.
You can use hardware in a variety of applications that use AI to detect objects, accurately locate positions, and develop centralized control and processing systems. Talking about software support, the model is compatible with Android 11, Yocto, and Ubuntu operating systems. The
The DEBIX Model A is commercially sold for £130.26 incl. VAT (approx. $144 USD) on Okdo. More details on the technical specifications of the DEBIX Model A single-board computer are available on the official product page.