Nothing launched the Nothing Phone (1) last week in the Indian market. The Nothing Phone (1) boots Nothing OS 1.0, which is based on Android 12. The company has also promised three Android version upgrades and four year of (bi-monthly) security patch updates for the Phone (1).
This post will help our readers in keeping track of Nothing OS updates for the Nothing Phone (1), also check out our Nothing Phone (1) content,
Note that Android manufacturers follow a staged rollout and the updates are randomly pushed to a limited number of users. The broader rollout of firmware updates usually takes a few days after the company makes sure there are no critical bugs.
Nothing Phone (1) Nothing OS 1.0 Updates,
- [July 31, 2022]: Nothing Phone (1) Nothing OS 1.1.2 update with July 2022 Android security patch is now rolling out in India. The update comes with firmware version S1.1-220728-0051, weighs about 38MB in size, and brings several changes to the device.
● Added a toggle for showing the fingerprint icon when the screen is off. ● Always on display will now be turned off during the night by default. ● Improved charging performance and compatibility with third-party chargers. ● Resolved Bluetooth codec issue. ● Optimized minor UI details. ● General bug fixes and stability improvements.
- [July 20, 2022]: Nothing Phone (1) Nothing OS 1.1.0 update with July 2022 Android security patch is now rolling out in India. The update comes with firmware version S1.1-220716-0150, weighs 117MB in size, and brings several new features and camera improvements to the smartphone.
New features ● Introduced experimental Tesla control feature. ● Introduced experimental NFT Gallery widgets. ● We heard your feedback on the Beta Launcher - the Search Bar on the home screen is now optional. Camera Improvements ● Glyph fill light is now available in Portrait Mode. ● Improved clarity and reduced noise when taking photos in low light environments. ● Improved dynamic range when taking photos in low light environments. ● Improved photo clarity when using the ultra-wide camera. ● Improved colour consistency across main and ultra-wide sensors. Bug fixes & Performance optimisations ● Updated Android security patch to July 2022. ● Fixed a lock screen bug that would sometimes hide the fingerprint icon. ● Improved the reliability of the Glyph Interface. ● Battery life optimisations when the device is on standby. ● Improved Face Unlock performance. ● General bug fixes.
- [July, 2022]: Nothing Phone (1) Nothing OS 1.0.2 update with May 2022 Android security patch is rolling out in India. The update comes with firmware version S1.0-220705-2025 and weighs about 94MB in size.
● Revamped Nothing OS system sounds ● Improved Glyph Interface effects for system feedback ● Revamped Glyph Interface settings UI ● Optimised battery life ● Optimised camera effects for HDR, portrait, night scene and more ● Improved camera app UI ● Improved fingerprint recording and unlocking experience ● Added support for HDR10+ ● Other bug fixes