If you are looking for a form factor that is way smaller than the mini-ITX form (75% smaller), then you should be talking about the Pico-ITX form factor, developed in 2007 by VIA as part of its strategy to enable system developers and OEMs to create smaller, lighter and quieter devices than ever before. The Pico-ITX form factor has actually opened up a new world of possibilities for embedded IoT and we have seen it being widely adopted in a large variety of small-footprint systems and off-the-shelf platforms, one of which is the small and multifunctional ND118T board recently released by ICP.
The ND118T board is characterized by an ARM-based platform combined with rich feature sets, low power consumption, and high-processing power and performance. It comes equipped with a 1.3 GHz NXP I.MX8M Cortex A53 dual/quad-core system-on-chip coupled with up to 32GB of eMMC storage, one microSD card slot, one GbE LAN port, a customized LPDDR4 onboard memory with options (1GB, 2GB, 4GB), a Raspberry Pi fully compatible 40-pin GPIO header, a MiniPCIe socket, and a Gigabit RJ45 LAN port. It is a perfect choice for embedded applications that require low power consumption in an industrial environment.
The board also offers dual display support with full 4K UltraHD resolution and HDR video quality as well as professional audio output at its highest level.
Features and Specifications Include:
- System Processor
- NXP i.MX8M Dual/Quad-core Cortex A-53 @ 1.3 GHz plus Cortex M4 cores
- System Memory
- Onboard memory with 1GB (800MHz) / 2GB (1600MHz) / 4GB (1600MHz) LPDDR4
- Onboard 8GB / 16GB / 32GB eMMC
- 1x MicroSD card slot
- 1x HDMI port with 4K UltraHD resolution @ 60 Hz
- 1x LVDS connector with Full HD 1080p resolution
- 1x Line-out / Mic-in
- Realtek ALC5660
- 2x USB 3.0
- 1x USB 2.0 port header / 1x USB 2.0 OTG port header
- 1x 40-pin GPIO header fully compatible with Raspberry Pi 40-pin header
- 1x RS232 / 422 / 485
- Expansion Slot
- Watchdog Timer
- DC-in 12V to 24V (4-pin power connector)
- 100 mm x 72 mm or 3.9 x 2.8 in (Pico-ITX form factor)
- Operating Temperature: -10°C to 65°C
- Storage Temperature: -20°C to 70°C
- Operating Humidity: 10% to 95% RH (non condensing)
- OS Support
- Android 9 Pie (Kernel version 4.14.9)
- Yocto 3.2
Pricing and Availability
The 1GB RAM version of the ND118T board sells for about 216€ (that’s around $210) while the 2GB RAM version goes for 240€ ($233) and the 4GB RAM for 304€ ($295) More useful details on the ND118 board can be found on the product page or the company’s announcement page. You may have to sign up to view the price list and complete the purchase.